Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sands of Time (Trip to Guimaras Part 2)

It has been a long time since I visited the island. Few years back, I never thought I would be this adventurous. What comes first into your mind when your hear the place "Guimaras"? Sweet Mangoes? Sandy beaches? Yes, you're definitely right. Beach resorts and ecotourism parks are mostly visited places in this island. You maybe asking me, "How can I get there?". Well, I already started the trip to the island via Pulupandan. Others alternatives going to the island are Iloilo-Buenavista, Iloilo-Jordan with only less than Php 20 fare.

From the Cabano wharf, I have to find the cheapest way to get to my destination, Alubijod, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras where my friends are waiting for me. Going for a motorcycle ride from Cabano to Alubijod would normally cost you Php 200-300 depending on your transactions. There is no direct vehicle going there. You could either take a ride going to Jordan through a jeepney or van and then take a ride again from Jordan to Alubijod crossing and take a motorcycle ride going to the resort. Three (3) rides all in all and I have reached Ramen's Beach Resort in Alubijod for only Php 90. "that's cheap, huh?"

I finally reached the resort and found my friends in the seashore enjoying the beach view. It was noon when I arrived and my stomach began looking for food to eat. The main   itinerary for the day is Island Hopping. But of course, we still have to wait for a friend who is on his way to the resort. We spent the time chatting along the beach and  took photos, and more photos... "Ready, one... two... three... SMILE!".

We went back to the cottage and took a rest. Finally we're complete. We are now ready for another adventure. We took a "bangka" and started our way going to the islets across the island. Sanctuaries, caves, and private resorts can be found there. Who would have thought there were hidden resorts there?





 We also went on a small cave which can fit a "bangka" inside. Native bats can be found inside.









Snorkling was another way to enjoy the day. We went over different fish and live coral sancturaries.






And finally, our last stop was a private resort. We had a chance to tour around the resort and it was captivating place. I hope I could build one in the near future. It's possible, right?

I really enjoyed our trip. I know there is going to be next time. We head back to Jordan port and rode a boat going to Iloilo where we'll be taking a ferry going back in Bacolod. We also had a chance to drop by Perri Todd's in Jaro for an afternoon snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment